Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a clinical approach to the evaluation and initial management of patients who present with psoriasis.
After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Identify and describe the morphology of psoriasis.
- Describe associated triggers or risk factors for psoriasis.
- Describe the clinical features of psoriatic arthritis.
- List the basic principles in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Discuss the emotional and psychosocial effects of psoriasis on patients.
- Determine when to refer a patient with psoriasis to a dermatologist.
Download the module