The American Academy of Dermatology's Diversity Task Force has chosen 27 medical students for the 2013 Diversity Medical Student Mentorship Program. The 2013 mentors are listed below.
Each student spends 160 hours, or one full month, working with his or her mentor. Program mentors are from a variety of backgrounds, including private practice, research, and academia. The program provides students with hands-on experience in dermatology, and aims to spark a lifetime interest in the specialty.
The Academy is looking for members to serve as volunteer mentors for the program. Students are free to choose their own mentors, and the Academy provides a list of members who have expressed interest specifically in the Diversity Medical Student Mentorship Program. If you are interested, please complete the online mentor profile.
If you have any questions, email Tara Smith at email@example.com or call (847) 240-1248.
- Andrew F. Alexis, MD, FAAD: New York, NY
- Wilma Fowler Bergfeld, MD, FAAD: Cleveland, OH
- Robert T. Brodell, MD, FAAD: Madison, MS
- Cheryl M. Burgess, MD, FAAD: Washington, DC
- Ivan Camacho, MD, FAAD: Miami, FL
- Keith Choate, MD, PhD, FAAD: Wallingford, CT
- Liang Deng, MD, PhD, FAAD: New York, NY
- Amit Garg, MD, FAAD: Boston, MA
- Warren R. Heymann, MD, FAAD: Marlton, NJ
- Roopal Vashi Kundu, MD, FAAD: Chicago, IL
- Mario E. Lacouture, MD, FAAD: New York, NY
- Howard Ira Maibach, MD, FAAD: San Francisco, CA
- Ronald L. Moy, MD, FAAD: Beverly Hills, CA
- Amit G. Pandya, MD, FAAD: Dallas, TX
- Paolo Romanelli, MD, FAAD: Hollywood, FL
- Francisco A. Tausk, MD, FAAD: Rochester, NY
- Maria M. Tsoukas, MD, FAAD: Chicago, IL
- Stephen K. Tyring, MD, PhD, FAAD: Webster, TX
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, FAAD: Boston, MA
- Albert C. Yan, MD, FAAD: Philadelphia, PA