Return to program book search
Monday, March 04
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Ellen J. Kim, MD, FAAD
- Madeleine Duvic, MD, FAAD
- Joan Guitart, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Youn H. Kim, MD, FAAD
- Alain H. Rook, MD, FAAD
- Gary S. Wood, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify advances in MF/SS pathogenesis and diagnosis
- Order appropriate diagnostic and staging tests
- Differentiate treatments for low vs. high risk patients, pediatric vs. adult patients.
The field of mycosis fungoides/Sezary Syndrome (MF/SS) has undergone many recent advances. This session will focus on MF/SS basic science and immunology updates, diagnostic challenges, pediatric MF, and management of early vs. advanced patients.
- Survival outcomes and prognostic factors in mycosis fungoides/Sézary syndrome: validation of the revised International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas/European .Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer staging proposal. J Clin Oncol 2010 Nov 1;28(31):4730-9.
- Evolving insights in the pathogenesis and therapy of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (mycosis fungoides and Sezary syndrome). Br J Haematol 2011 Oct;155(2):150-66.
- Long-term Outcomes of 1,263 Patients with Mycosis Fungoides and Sezary Syndrome from 1982 to 2009. Clin Cancer Res 2012 Aug 23.
|Monday, March 04|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Kim|
|2:05 PM||MF/SS pathophysiology and histologic/molecular tools / Dr. Wood|
|2:35 PM||Not yet CTCL: cutaneous T-cell dyscrasias and mimics / Dr. Guitart|
|3:05 PM||MF management: pediatric MF and other updates / Dr. Kim|
|3:35 PM||Sezary Syndrome immunobiology and therapies / Dr. Rook|
|4:05 PM||Advanced MF/SS: new frontiers / Dr. Duvic|
|4:35 PM||Case discussion and Questions / Dr. Kim|