Return to program book search
What's New in Dermatopathology
Monday, March 04
Palm Ballroom 3
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Nooshin Ketabchi Brinster, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Tammie C. Ferringer, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Whitney A. High, MD, FAAD
- Timothy H. McCalmont, MD
- Rajiv M. Patel, MD
- Beth S. Ruben, MD, FAAD
- Leonard C. Sperling, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Artur Zembowicz, MD, PhD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of clinical-pathological correlation in the diagnosis of skin disease.
- Diagnose dermatologic conditions using the latest histochemical and molecular tools.
- Identify histological criteria of more recently described disorders.
This session will provide an update in dermatopathology. Each lecturer will focus on a specific topic which includes alopecia, nail disorders, soft tissue tumors, infectious disease, melanocytic lesions (including the use of FISH), inflammatory skin disease and the use of immunohistochemistry. The editor of the Journal of Cutaneous Pathology will also provide highlights from the last year. Clinical correlation and clinical relevance will be emphasized.
- J. Eduardo Calonje, Thomas Brenn, Alexander J Lazar, Phillip H. McKee. McKee's pathology of the skin. 4th edition. Elsevier, 2012.
|Monday, March 04|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Brinster|
|2:05 PM||Highlights from the Journal of Cutaneous Pathology / Dr. McCalmont|
|2:25 PM||Infectious Disease / Dr. High|
|2:45 PM||Inflammatory Skin Disease / Dr. Brinster|
|3:05 PM||Question and Answer Session / All faculty|
|3:10 PM||Melanocytic Lesions / Dr. Zembowicz|
|3:30 PM||Soft tissue tumors / Dr. Patel|
|3:50 PM||What's New in Immunohistochemistry / Dr. Ferringer|
|4:10 PM||Question and Answer Session / All faculty|
|4:15 PM||Alopecia / Dr. Sperling|
|4:35 PM||Nail Disorders / Dr. Ruben|
|4:55 PM||Question and Answer Session / All faculty|