Return to program book search
Integration of Photodynamic Therapy into Your Practice
Saturday, March 02
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Nellie Konnikov, MD, FAAD
- Edward V. Maytin, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Amy Forman Taub, MD, FAAD
- Andrea Willey, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Describe the mechanism of action and principles of PDT, including protocols for the spot and field treatment options.
- 2. Summarize an experience of utilization of ALA-PDT and MAL-PDT for high risk patients.
- 3. Discuss cost efficacy of PDT for chemoprevention of NMSC and implementation of PDT into your practice.
This session is directed to those who are planning to incorporate photodynamic therapy (PDT) into their practice. The discussion will focus on a step-by-step approach to the selection of patients, topical preparations, application, difference in incubation time, and light sources for PDT. There will be a discussion on "pros and cons" of using microneedling technique prior to Levulan application, and the use of heat over the area to enhance the efficacy. Potential role of ALA-PDT as chemoprevention of NMSC will be presented. This session is intended to generate discussion on the role of PDT in your Dermatological practice.