Return to program book search
Avoiding and Managing Filler Complications
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Saturday, March 22
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Joel Lee Cohen, MD, FAAD
- Lisa M. Donofrio, MD, FAAD
- Jeffrey S. Dover, MD, FAAD
- Rebecca L. Fitzgerald, MD, FAAD
- Michael H. Gold, MD, FAAD
- Derek H. Jones, MD, FAAD
- Ellen S. Marmur, MD, FAAD
- Mark S. Nestor, MD, PhD, FAAD
- David M. Ozog, MD, FAAD
- Heidi A. Waldorf, MD, FAAD
- William Phillip Werschler, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify regional anatomic considerations for safe and effective filler treatments.
- Recognize types of filler complications ranging from inflammatory to infectious to vascular.
- Develop management scenarios in the treatment of filler complications.
Soft-tissue augmentation is performed millions of times a year around the world. In the vast majority of these cases, the filler treatments go well and there is a good result. But, there are potential complications to be aware of including: significant bruising, superficial placement, nodules, granulomas, abscesses, and vascular compromise. This session will focus on regional tips on avoiding pitfalls and achieving patient satisfaction through technique nuances, regional product preferences and injection techniques. The session will also review the management of a range of potential filler complications from recognition of a problem through treatment recommendations and algorithms.
- JL Cohen. Understanding, avoiding, and managing dermal filler complications. Dermatol Surg 2008 Jun;34 Suppl 1:S92-9.
- S Bailey, JL Cohen, J Kenkel. Etiology, prevention, and treatment of dermal filler complications. Aesthet Surg J 2011 Jan;31(1):110-21.
- CN Ozturk, Y Li, R Tung et al. Complications following injection of soft-tissue fillers. Aesthet Surg J. 2013 Aug 1;33(6):862-77.
|Saturday, March 22|
|2:00 PM||Anatomy / Dr. Fitzgerald|
|2:15 PM||Reactions including Infection & Sensitivity / Dr. Nestor|
|2:30 PM||Vascular Issues including Bruising and Necrosis / Dr. Cohen|
|2:45 PM||Problems with Fillers Ssed Abroad / Dr. Gold|
|2:55 PM||Questions & Answers / All faculty|
|3:05 PM||Temple: Pearls, Pitfalls, Product Preferences / Dr. Marmur|
|3:20 PM||Lips: Pearls, Pitfalls, Product Preferences / Dr. Waldorf|
|3:35 PM||Cheek: Pearls, Pitfalls, Product Preferences / Dr. Werschler|
|3:50 PM||Questions & Answers / All faculty|
|4:00 PM||Complication Case Examples / Dr. Dover|
|4:15 PM||Jawline/Neck/Decollete: Pearls, Pitfalls, Product Preferences / Dr. Donofrio|
|4:30 PM||Peri-orbital: Pearls, Pitfalls, Product Preferences / Dr. Jones|
|4:45 PM||Nasolabial fold/ Oral commissure: Pearls, Pitfalls, Product Preferences / Dr. Ozog|