Return to program book search
Fundamentals of Dermoscopy
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Tuesday, March 25
Mile High Ballroom 2C
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Alexander J. Stratigos, MD
- Giuseppe Argenziano, MD
- Horacio Antonio Cabo, MD
- Rainer Hofmann-Wellenhof, MD
- Harald Kittler, MD - Handout
- Elisavet Lazaridou, MD, PhD - Handout
- Joseph Malvehy, MD
- Ashfaq A. Marghoob, MD, FAAD
- Scott Menzies, MBBS, PhD - Handout
- Nir Nathansohn, MD
- John Paoli, MD, PhD
- Susana Puig, MD
- H. Peter Soyer, MD
- Wilhelm Stolz, MD
- David L. Swanson, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize and interpret the most important dermoscopic criteria and patterns.
- Use a practical approach to differentiate between benign and malignant melanocytic and non-melanocytic lesions.
- Introduce dermoscopy as a useful tool in daily clinical practice.
The course will provide a comprehensive, clinically oriented approach to the use of dermoscopy in the diagnosis of pigmented and non-pigmented skin lesions. The first section will cover the basic dermoscopic features and patterns observed in melanocytic and non-melanocytic lesions. Emphasis will be given in lesions of facial and acral sites and in less-pigmented skin lesions. The emerging role of dermoscopy in the diagnosis of non-melanocytic, non-pigmented lesions will be also discussed. In the second section of the course, a wide array of interesting and didactic cases ("best cases") will be presented by internationally renowned experts. Attendees will then test their knowledge with a-self-assessment quiz that recapitulates the basic concepts of the course.
- Dermoscopy: An Illustrated Self-Assessment Guide by Robert Johr and Wilhelm Stolz. MacGraw-Hill Publishers Professional, 2010.
- Dermoscopy: The Essentials: Expert Consult - Online and Print (2nd edition) by H. Peter Soyer, Giuseppe Argenziano, Rainer Hofmann-Wellenhof, Iris Zalaudek MD. Saunders Ltd, 2011.
- An Atlas of Dermoscopy by Ashfaq A. Marghoob, Josef Malvehy and Ralph Braun. Informa Healthcare, 2012.
|Tuesday, March 25|
|9:00 AM||Basic Dermoscopic Features and Histopathologic Correlates / Dr. Marghoob|
|9:30 AM||Dermoscopic Patterns of Melanoma / Dr. Argenziano|
|9:55 AM||Dermoscopic Patterns of Melanocytic Nevi / Dr. Kittler|
|10:20 AM||Facial and Acral Pigmented Skin Lesions / Dr. Soyer|
|10:40 AM||Clues for Diagnosing Non and Hypo-Pigmented Skin Tumors / Dr. Kittler|
|11:00 AM||Dermoscopy of Benign and Malignant Non-melanocytic Skin Lesions / Dr. Hofmann-Wellenhof|
|11:30 AM||Dermoscopy in Non-pigmented Cutaneous and Hair Lesions / Dr. Malvehy|
|11:50 AM||Self-Assessment Quiz / Dr. Stratigos|
|12:00 PM||Break / |
|2:00 PM||My Best Cases from Arizona / Dr. Swanson|
|2:15 PM||My Best Cases from Argentina / Dr. Cabo|
|2:30 PM||My Best Cases from Australia / Menzies|
|2:45 PM||My Best Cases from Greece / Dr. Lazaridou|
|3:00 PM||My Best Cases from Germany / Dr. Stolz|
|3:15 PM||My Best Cases from Israel / Dr. Nathansohn|
|3:30 PM||My Best Cases from Spain / Dr. Puig|
|3:45 PM||My Best Cases from Sweden / Dr. Paoli|