Return to program book search
Wounds & Ulcers: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Sunday, March 23
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Tania J. Phillips, MD, FAAD
- Mark D.P. Davis, MD, FAAD
- Vincent Falanga, MD, FAAD
- Jan V. Hirschmann, MD
- Robert S. Kirsner, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Paolo Romanelli, MD, FAAD
- Gary Sibbald, MD, FAAD
- Nathan S. Uebelhoer, DO, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose common and unusual wounds more effectively
- Recognize and treat wound cellulitis
- Discuss management of pyoderma gangrenosum
The session will cover the spectrum of wounds seen in a general dermatology practice. Key topics include acute traumatic wounds, practical approaches to common and uncommon wounds and how to choose appropriate dressings for these wounds. Evidence based treatment of cellulitis, current approaches to pyoderma gangrenosum and the management of difficult wounds will be addressed. The importance of biopsy of non healing wounds and the role of the pathologist is discussed.
- Jan V. Hirschmann, Gregory J. Raugi Lower limb cellulitis and its mimics Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Vol. 67, Issue 2, Pages 163.e1-163.e12.
- Jörg Reichrath, Guido Bens, Anette Bonowitz, Wolfgang Tilgen. Treatment recommendations for pyoderma gangrenosum: An evidence-based review of the literature based on more than 350 patients Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Vol. 53, Issue 2, Pages 273-283.
- Katarzyna Skórkowska-Telichowska, Magdalena Czemplik, Anna Kulma, Jan Szopa. The local treatment and available dressings designed for chronic wounds. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Vol. 63, Issue 4, Pages 668-679.
|Sunday, March 23|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Phillips|
|2:05 PM||Wounds from Terrorism and War / Dr. Uebelhoer|
|2:30 PM||Common and Uncommon Wounds: A Practical Approach / Dr. Kirsner|
|2:55 PM||Leg Cellulitis and Wounds / Dr. Hirschmann|
|3:20 PM||Update on Pyoderma Gangrenosum / Dr. Davis|
|3:45 PM||Dressing for Success: Use of Wound Dressings to Maximize Healing / Dr. Sibbald|
|4:10 PM||Challenging Cases from the Wound Clinic / Dr. Falanga|
|4:35 PM||The Role of the Pathologist in Wound Management / Dr. Romanelli|