Return to program book search
Tuesday, March 25
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Rolf-Markus Szeimies, MD, PhD
- Robert Bissonnette, MD, MSc, FAAD - Handout
- Merete Haedersdal, MD, PhD
- Sigrid Karrer, MD, PhD
- Edward V. Maytin, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Colin A. Morton, MD - Handout
- David Michael Pariser, MD, FAAD
- Stefano Piaserico, MD, PhD
- Luis A. Torezan, MD, PhD - Handout
- Maria M. Tsoukas, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Evaluate the use, limitations and potential of topical PDT for premalignant, malignant, and inflammatory skin conditions.
- Recognize practical aspects of the therapy and select appropriate patients.
- Select treatment conditions for particular situations and handle specific therapy-related side effects and complications.
This session is directed at both potential and experienced users of photodynamic therapy (PDT). Using evidence-based approaches, current applications of topical PDT for non-melanoma skin cancer and selected cases of inflammatory skin conditions as well as aesthetic indications will be examined. The speakers will present treatment details and expected outcomes, and discuss the newest trends in enhancing PDT efficacy.
- Lui H, Szeimies RM: Chapter 135 Photodynamic Therapy. In: Bolognia JL, Jorizzo JL, Schaffer JV. Dermatology 3rd ed., Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2012.
- A Pilot Split-Face Study Comparing Conventional Methyl Aminolevulinate-Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) With Microneedling-Assisted PDT on Actinically Damaged Skin. Dermatol Surg 2013 Aug;39(8):1197-201.
- European guidelines for topical photodynamic therapy part 1: treatment delivery and current indications - actinic keratoses, Bowen's disease, basal cell carcinoma. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2013 May;27(5):536-44.
|Tuesday, March 25|
|9:00 AM||Fundamentals of PDT / Dr. Tsoukas|
|9:15 AM||Topical PDT for Actinic Keratosis: US Perspective / Dr. Pariser|
|9:30 AM||Topical PDT for Actinic Keratosis: European Perspective / Dr. Szeimies|
|9:45 AM||Natural Daylight PDT / Dr. Torezan|
|10:00 AM||Topical PDT for Bowen's Disease and Basal Cell Carcinoma / Dr. Morton|
|10:15 AM||Questions and Answers / All faculty|
|10:30 AM||Enhancing PDT Efficacy - Physical Methods / Dr. Haedersdal|
|10:45 AM||Enhancing PDT Efficacy - Pharmacological Methods / Dr. Maytin|
|11:00 AM||PDT for Inflammatory Skin Conditions / Dr. Piaserico|
|11:15 AM||PDT for Acne Vulgaris / Dr. Bissonnette|
|11:30 AM||PDT for Aesthetic Indications / Dr. Karrer|
|11:45 AM||Audience Questions for all Panelists / All faculty|