Return to program book search
Alopecia: Work-Up & Treatment
Tuesday, March 25
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Melissa Piliang, MD, FAAD
- Wilma Fowler Bergfeld, MD, FAAD
- Maria K. Hordinsky, MD, FAAD
- Natasha Atanaskova Mesinkovska, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Nicole Elaine Rogers, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Diagnose hair diseases more effectively.
- Order appropriate evaluation for hair diseases.
- Develop a treatment protocol for common hair diseases.
Dermatologists are the key providers for patients with alopecia and are expected to be experts in the management of alopecic disorders. This session will update the dermatologist on the salient clinical features, the latest diagnostic techniques, important laboratory evaluation and the most current therapies. Special emphasis will be placed on the most current theories of pathogenesis and changes in therapeutic management.