Return to program book search
Acne Treatment Controversies
Friday, March 21
Mile High Ballroom 2C
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Julie Claire Harper, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Diane S. Berson, MD, FAAD
- James Q. Del Rosso, DO
- Joshua Zeichner, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize the current evidence regarding the proper dosing of isotretinoin.
- Discuss several cases of isotretinoin use including a discussion of pseudotumor cerebri and premature closure of epiphyses
- Examine the use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy in the management of acne.
This session will address common questions and controversies in the management of acne. We will look at the current evidence on dosing of isotretinoin, including cumulative dosing goals. Choice and dosing of antibiotics in the management of acne will also be summarized. The use of oral contraceptives and hormonal treatments will be discussed. Additionally, several cases will be reviewed regarding isotretinoin and its potential risks.
|Friday, March 21|
|1:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Harper|
|1:05 PM||Dosing of Isotretinoin / Dr. Del Rosso|
|1:30 PM||Q and A / Dr. Del Rosso|
|1:35 PM||Isotretinoin Controversie- cases / Dr. Harper|
|2:00 PM||Q and A / Dr. Harper|
|2:05 PM||Hormonal Treatments in Acne / Dr. Berson|
|2:30 PM||Q and A / Dr. Berson|
|2:35 PM||Antibiotics in Acne / Dr. Zeichner|
|2:55 PM||Q and A / Dr. Zeichner|