Return to program book search
Friday, March 21
Mile High Ballroom 4ABC
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Brian L. Swick, MD, FAAD
- Loren E. Clarke, MD
- Whitney A. High, MD, FAAD
- Molly A. Hinshaw, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Vincent Liu, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of clinicopathologic correlation in dermatopathologic diagnosis.
- Identify clinical and histopathologic findings that are useful in avoiding pitfalls in diagnostic dermatopathology
- Recognize the benefits and limitations of special stains and new techniques in evaluating skin specimens
Five dermatopathologists will present interesting and challenging cases illustrative of important themes in diagnostic dermatopathology. There will be a detailed discussion of the diagnoses with emphasis on helpful diagnostic clues as well as pitfalls. These presentations will allow attendees to experience diagnostic challenges as they presented originally and to understand how solutions were reached. There will be an opportunity for questions and discussion following each presentation.