This scholarship, formerly known as the Poster Exhibit scholarship, offers attendance scholarships to dermatologists from developing countries to encourage their participation at AAD Annual Meetings. The 2016 Annual Meeting will be held March 4-8 in Washington, D.C.
Apply for this scholarship by clicking on the button below.
Award: The scholarship includes a $2,000 USD stipend, complimentary registration for the meeting, one educational session, and an invitation to a dinner with AAD leadership at Annual Meeting. Selected abstracts will be displayed electronically at the meeting and featured in the World Congress Fund Poster Abstract Book.
- Abstract must be submitted with application.
- Only nationals of developing countries are eligible.
- Apply as a resident in dermatology or apply within three years of completing dermatology residency training at the time of the meeting. The goal of the Strauss & Katz World Congress Fund scholarship Program is to bring young dermatologists, including those still in training, to the AAD Annual Meeting for educational and networking opportunities.
- Be endorsed by a national dermatologic society. A signed letter of endorsement from the society is required to be attached to the online application and must be in Adobe Acrobat portable document format (PDF).
- Priority will be given to applicants who have never attended AAD meetings.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- No deferrals permitted. Eligible applicants may reapply the following year if unable to accept scholarship.
Applications for 2016 will close July 31, 2015.