MOC helps physicians assess and build their competency in six core areas:
- Patient care
- Medical knowledge
- Practice-based learning
- Systems-based practice
- Interpersonal and communications skills
The AAD is committed to helping dermatologists understand, prepare, and fulfill their Maintenance of Certification requirements. You can depend on the AAD to:
- Clarify the process. We give you clear information so you can understand what you need to do and when.
- Increase accessibility. We’ve created this one-stop Web page to connect you to all the resources you need to complete your MOC requirements.
- Keep you current. We help you stay up-to-date with announcements and other useful information about changes in MOC.
- Track your progress. We've created an educational portal that gives you a convenient way to manage your MOC activities using AAD resources and events.
In 2010, the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) adopted Maintenance of Licensure (MOL) which not only requires CME but also requires self-assessment and performance improvement CPD activities. MOL is currently being piloted in over 10 states.
It's important to note that the information provided here reflects the current situation and that the MOC landscape is ever changing. AAD will continue to update this site with new information and requirements so check back frequently.
MOC resources webinar