The JAAD Editorial Mentorship Program is designed for young physicians who are interested in developing critical appraisal and editorial skills.
Selected participants will be assigned a mentor. Under the supervision of this mentor, participants will have the opportunity to review a variety of manuscript submissions, including prospective studies, retrospective studies, surveys, reviews, and letters.
- The program lasts one year, beginning and ending with the AAD Annual Meeting.
- Mentees review up to 12 manuscripts during the one-year program.
- Program participants are expected to complete an evaluation upon completion of the program.
- Must be a member of the AAD in good standing.
- Must be fewer than 10 years since completing residency/fellowship training.
- Must have the desire to learn and develop appraisal and editorial skills.
- Online application: Applications for 2015 open November 20, 2014.
- In addition to your completed application, you also must submit:
- One letter of recommendation from your ADLP mentor, residency program chair or program director.
- Executive curriculum vitae (limit of no more than three pages).
You can add both documents as part of your online application or you can send them to Jaime Campbell-Kraus via email at email@example.com.
Please email Jaime Campbell-Kraus with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 240-1350.
"A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone thought they could."