July 24, 2015
Help available for dermatologists terminated by Humana Medicare Advantage
The AADA has heard from members who have received notification from Humana Medicare Advantage plans that they will be terminated, effective January 1, 2016. These terminations follow a similar cycle of terminations by Humana that went into effect January 1, 2015 in 12 states.
If your office has received a notice of termination, the AADA has developed several resources at our Narrow Networks Resource Center to aid you in your appeal.
An essential step in the appeal process is requesting your efficiency profile; this details your practices performance compared to other dermatologists in your market. Physicians have found that this data could be erroneous. For example, it may include patients the physician has never seen. If you have received a notice of termination fill out the form here and AADA staff will follow up to provide additional guidance.
- More details available on the 2016 proposed fee schedule
- Dermatology faces myriad changes; participate in 2015 Legislative Conference to shape your future
- AADA recommends improvements to state network adequacy proposals
- AADA opposes amendment to defund NIH
- Coalition secures protection for in-office compounding