Return to program book search
Translating Evidence into Practice: Primary Cutaneous Melanoma Guidelines
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Sunday, March 03
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Allan C. Halpern, MD, FAAD
- Christopher K. Bichakjian, MD, FAAD
- James M. Grichnik, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
- Pascale Guitera, MD, PhD
- Antoinette Foote Hood, MD, FAAD
- Kishwer S. Nehal, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the most recent AJCC melanoma staging system and its application to clinical practice with special attention to patient selection for sentinel node biopsy.
- Apply the current evaluation and treatment guidelines for early stage melanoma to practice including biopsy technique, pathology evaluation, and surgical management of the primary tumor.
This session will provide an overview of current recommendations for evaluation and therapy of early stage (0-II) melanoma with specific attention to the recent AAD guidelines. Members of the guidelines panel will address biopsy techniques, pathology assessment, staging, and management of primary melanoma. Treatment of metastatic melanoma will not be covered in this session. We will also provide a comparison of international melanoma guidelines and practices.
|Sunday, March 03|
|1:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Halpern|
|1:10 PM||Pathology/Staging / Dr. Hood|
|1:25 PM||Workup/Follow-up / Dr. Halpern|
|1:40 PM||Biopsy techniques and primary surgery / Dr. Nehal|
|1:55 PM||SLNB / Dr. Bichakjian|
|2:10 PM||Alternative therapies / Dr. Grichnik|
|2:25 PM||Contrast with Australian guidelines / Dr. Guitera|
|2:40 PM||Panel Discussion / All faculty|