Return to program book search
Surgical Cases We Wish We Could Do Over
Friday, March 01
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
David E. Kent, MD, FAAD
- Harold J. Brody, MD, FAAD
- Hubert T. Greenway, Jr., MD, FAAD
- Gary Lask, MD, FAAD
- Barry Leshin, MD, FAAD
- Diamondis Papadopoulos, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Review dermatologic surgical cases that resulted in a misadventure or adverse event.
- Perform a root cause analysis for adverse events that occur in practice.
- Critically analyze cases with less than favorable outcomes in hopes of preventing future issues.
A “Mulligan,” simply put is a “do over” of a poor golf sho,t typically from the tee that doesn’t count in one’s final tally of strokes. In dermatologic surgery, it would be wonderful to call for a “Mulligan do over” when a misadventure occurs. Unfortunately, “do overs” do not exist. We will present several dermatologic surgical cases and scenarios representing different procedures. excisional and aesthetic. that resulted in a misadventure or adverse event; go through a root cause analysis of what did not go correctly; and if we had a dermatologic surgical “do over,” what would be done differently.
|Friday, March 01|
|10:00 AM||Introduction / Dr. Kent|
|10:05 AM||Dermatologic Surgery Cases We Wish We Could Do Over / Dr. Papadopoulos|
|10:20 AM||“Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me” / Dr. Leshin|
|10:35 AM||Warning Signs In A Dermatologic Cosmetic Consult / Dr. Brody|
|10:50 AM||Dermatologic Surgery Cases We wish We Could Do Over / Dr. Greenway|
|11:05 AM||Dermatologic Laser Cases We Wish We Could Do Over / Dr. Lask|
|11:20 AM||Dermatologic Surgery Mulligans For the Non-Golfer / Dr. Kent|
|11:35 AM||Questions / All faculty|